Summer is right around the corner. The weather is warm; school is out; and people are feeling like doing something new. How does a church grow during the summer?
Many churches actually plan for a summer slump. How do they do this” Several ways
- They reduce the number of worship services
- The choir takes off
- They change the worship times but the sign out front remains the same.
These are some of the ways. So how can you plan for a summer hump? People want to be outdoor in the summer so plan outdoor events where the public gather…
- Have a small group meet in the park;
- Ask your band to give a concert on the church lawn or in the public park;
- Do drive in movies in the park;
- Do many outdoor servant evangelism projects where people gather in the summer like giving water away with the church logo on it;
- Do one of your worship services outdoors on the church lawn or in the public park.
These are just a few ways, but for heaven’s sake quit reducing your ministry venues in the summer like listed above. Don’t cut anything back. Add.
And by the way, click on our RSS Feed service below to get on the list.